Sporting KC defeated the FC Dallas this wednesday 6-2 in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
- With the victory, Sporting KC will host the Houston Dynamo in the quarterfinals of the tournament on July 21.
- The Dynamo defeated the Colorado Rapids 1-0 on Tuesday night to advance to the quarterfinals.
- Sporting KC is undefeated at Sporting Park in 2015 and extended their home winning streak to seven with Wednesday’s victory.
- During that span, Sporting KC has five shutouts and has outscored opponents 19-4.
- Dom Dwyer scored four goals on Wednesday becoming the first player in Sporting KC history to score four goals in a match.
- Dwyer’s first goal came in the fifth minute using his head. Benny Feilhaber earned the assist, his second in USOC play this season and 11th in all competition.
- Dwyer doubled the lead for Sporting KC with another header goal also assisted by Feilhaber.
- With three assists on Wednesday, Feilhaber has recorded at least one assist in four straight games across all competition.
Don’t forget to share with your friends and follow us on Instagram